Re: is this list alive

Ian Southam (nai@rayware.mersinet.co.uk)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:19:23 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, James Nunn-Price wrote:

> I currently run a DOS based BBS on fidonet, and in a few weeks
> will be converting it to linux.
>
> I will be looking for help then..

Flaming heck, the list is dead for days and then a veritable spurge of
messages - a whole two!

As for running ifmail on linux I don't anticipate you'll have any trouble
as it does seem to actually work rather nicely - maybe that's why
there is no mail here:).

The Unix BBs software of course is another matter .....

Only thing I would definitely recommend before you start though, is that
you take the time to get mgetty (if you haven't already). That really
takes the pain out of configuring and running dialup lines under Unix.

- Ian Southam