Re: Log files

Greg F Frydenlund (ï­Ð)
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 19:37:11 PST

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:00:10 -0400 (EDT) Chris Molnar writes:
>I know it is possible to make all ifmail related log entries go to
iflog.
>How do I configure the log files to do this? Currently all entries are
>only going to my log/messages and log/syslog.

There are several options that need to be in place before syslogd can
record the activity of ifmail. Look inside /etc/ifmail-2.10/CONFIG and
see if you included these options.

1. LOGFILE ="/var/log/ifmail/iflog"
2. Syslog facility codes need to be set to LOG_LOCAL0
3. When you compiled ifmail, include the direcitve -DHAS_SYSLOG

Lastly, for syslogd to record the activity, you'll need to add an entry
in
your /etc/syslog.conf file.

Local0.* /var/log/ifmail/iflog

Also, don't forget to restart syslogd after you make these changes.

Kill -HUP syslogd_process_id

That otta do it for now...
-Greg-