Re: Annoying Error Messages

Arnold Hendriks (ï­Ð)
17 Apr 1997 18:54:46 GMT

Vincent Kaabunga <kavin@mukla.ac.ug> wrote:
> Occasionally, I get error messages that report presence of
> a lock file that should be removed; but I never find the said
> lock file where it is said to be. The system works fine, but
> I'm bothered by these messages; what might be causing this ?!
Make sure the permissions are correct - "su" to the same user as ifmail, and
execute the exact same commands as your script does, or try to create the
lock files yourself - and then you'll probably see what's going wrong.

--
May the Carrier be with you,
  Arnold Hendriks

PGP: 75929DC1 92F16DA4865AAE50 CF78015B18941840 IRC: unilynx(irc.icenet.org)