Re: ????

Rachael Munns (list.mail-ifmail@drmach.dream.org.uk)
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 16:11:18 GMT

In mail.ifmail, Eugene Crosser wrote:

> actually has mixed case. OTOH, "correct" way would be to break the path
> to elements, scan every directory finding the "best match" case-wise -
> so ugly, and expensive too! Any better ideas?

The way I hacked it[1], and this was simply for matching filenames in a single
directory, was to open the directory, read the filenames, and use stricmp
to check for a match.

I suppose we could all put our fido spools on msdos filesystems.

[1] In the "chopping with axe" sense

--
Rachael                         Looking for a dialup UUCP account with
                                local calls from Cardiff, UK? Mail me.