Re: ????

Eugene Crosser (crosser@average.org)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 01:27:10 +0300 (MSK)

On 11-Nov-99 at 01:16, Christof Meerwald (cmeerw@htl.fh-sbg.ac.at) wrote:

> >> No. There is no (AFAIK) correct hydra implementation for UNIX.
> >Could you please explain why there are correct hydra implementations for
> >DOS, OS/2, Win32 - and nothing for UNIX?
> There is at least a working Hydra implementation for UNIX - it's included
> in ifcico-cm (http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~cmeer/ifcico/) and ifmail-tx.
>
> It might not be a correct implementation, but it works for me (and it
> shouldn't be too much work to get it correct)

I guess that all products that include hydra on unix are based on the same
original source, the one from the authors of the protocol. It is bad,
really. It works but it is very ugly. It uses dos approach to polling
multiple IO streams. On unix, it should be done with select() or poll().
Converting the source to "right" paradygm is possible but nontrivial.

Eugene