Re: Lost again?

Alex Makarov (
Fri, 15 Oct 99 23:37:56 +0300

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 05:00:05AM +0200, wrote:

> My outbounds reside on a Linux partition, shared with SAMBA. All mail
> handling is done by OS/2 programs. I also have two Binkley/bbs POTS
> nodes, which are very hard to convert to Linux at this time. All the
> OS/2 stuff works fine. I also run BinkD (Linux), which works perfectly
> on those shared outbounds.
> Then I have a couple of dial-in lines on a Linux box, which I'd like to
> also handle Fido calls. They work ok for ppp, fax and INcoming Fido
> calls. I.e. Fido mail gets in fine, but Ifcico will not deliver any
> OUTgoing mail, whether HOLD or CRASH. I have tried all kinds of
> combinatios, even running Ifcico as root.root, but it still
> doesn't see the outbound packets. It seems that the problem is CASE in
> the .?lo files. I can force SAMBA to write the files in lowercase, but
> the insides still remain in uppercase.
> I have bugged the authors of those utilities (Allfix mainly), but am
> not counting on much help from that direction.
> There probably is a way to create a script to rewrite the .?lo files
> every time, but my time and abilities will not allow that. :(

That wasn't too hard to write ;^)
I hope this one could do a right thing :)

foreach $file (@filez) {

open (CONV, $file) || die "Can't open file!";
undef $a;
while (<CONV>) {
$_ =~ tr/a-z/A-Z/;
close (CONV);

open (CONV, ">" . $file) || die "Can't rewrite file!";
print CONV $a;

Alex Makarov aka Des/0HN/IMEM  			 [My Girl Rulez!] #Tennis Team#