Re: Ifcico and modem on other machines

Jaak Pruulmann (jjpp@fut.ee)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:05:12 +0300 (EEST)

duh.

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Denis Chapligin wrote:

> /FIDO/ root dialout /usr/bin/telnet -8EL <machine with mailer> 60177
hm. I don't think it's a good idea to run it under root - nobody should do
as well..

> me, all is ok. But if there is mail for my system, i got "could not initiate receive" and
> after some pause link is dropped. What can i do with it?
I had similar problem with outgoing connections to one specific ip-node.
The other node uses probably vmodem or smth and solution was to use -t 1
option of ifcico.

Try connecting to port 60179 instead of 60177.. That should invoke
receiving ifcico with -t1..

jjpp.