Re: Log control

Leif Neland (root@neland.dk)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 06:27:34 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Eugene Crosser wrote:

> On 25-Mar-99 at 14:18, Juan Enrique =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=F3mez?= (juanen@tpesp.es)
> wrote:
>
> > I would like to know if is there any way to use a normal log for
> > ifmail,
> > the log it comes with it's horrible, the ifcico doesn't say what hour it
> > starts, or day, every entry isn't ditinguished from other, when i have
> > several sessions i don't know which line belogs to which session., i would
> > love an utility which reports me if the sessios was successfull, how many
> > bytes send, etc...
>
> Sure you have date and time and the process ID in each log line: this is
> syslog that adds it. Result of the sessions and number of butes in the
> files transferred is loogged too.

Then please explain how to make ifmail log to syslog; now it only makes
its own logfile without date in it.

Leif

# Log file name. Overrides compile-time default.
logfile /usr/log/ifmail/iflog

# Debug file name. Overrides compile-time default.
debugfile /usr/log/ifmail/ifdebug

# Debugging verbosity (is overidden by -x key). Default is 0.
verbose 10