Re: Error at compiling ifmail

Greg F Frydenlund (ï­Ð)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 05:41:22 PST

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 08:21:56 +0200 Wolfgang Grueneberg writes:

Hey Wolfgang!

>I have a problem with the compilation of ifgate. When I execute "make
>all", I get the following messages:

>ifmail -ldbm
>/usr/i486-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -ldbm: No such file or directory
>make[1]: *** [ifmail] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ifmail/ifgate'
>make: *** [all] Error 2
>I suppose, libdbm is a not in my system existing library.

First, you'd be better off to include -HAS_NDBM_H in the compiler options
since libdbm uses an older database structure. Most linux distribtutions
come
with libgdbm.* in either /lib or /usr/lib. Have you tried to find the
lib.
example:
~$ find -name libgdbm.*

> What can I do to compile ifgate?
The compiler error occurred when ifmail was being assemble not ifgate.
If you don't have the lib then get it from the net. Most sunsite mirrors
have
it gdbm-2.2.0.tar.gz

-Greg-