Problem with areamgr

James Vahn (jvahn@short.circuit.com)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 20:39:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Exile wrote:

> the problem is.. that the areamgr doest seem to recognize me.. i type the
> password to the subject line but still.... it send back the helpfile but
> says also that it was unable to recognize me..

That makes two of us. WildCat's Areafix doesn't like the ifmail sent to
it either- it drops the point address somewhere along the way.

Sending netmail to the sysop (at 1:346/15) appears fine (from 1:346/15.1),
but Areafix loses the .1 and my request seems to come from 1:346/15, and
fails. I'd blame Areafix, but requests via DOS's TimEd work just fine.
There be a puzzlement here.

-!-