sendmail

Greg F Frydenlund (ï­Ð)
Wed, 21 May 1997 09:34:04 PST

On Tue, 20 May 1997 13:40:28 -0400 Christopher Molnar <cmolnar@newn.com>
writes:

>I put the routing lines into me sendmail.cf file for the fidonet
>addresses, however no matter what I do it wants to look up
>"f?.n?.z?.fidonet.org." from a DNS site and bounces the message
>back to me....

Try this and tell me what you see:

sendmail -bt
at the prompt type:
3,0 me@f710.n125.z1.fidonet.org

Did you see anything that resembles this:

rewrite: ruleset 3 input: me @ f710 . n125 . z1 . fidonet . org
rewrite: ruleset 96 input: < me @ f710 . n125 . z1 . fidonet . org
. >
rewrite: ruleset 96 returns: < me @ f710 . n125 . z1 . fidonet . org . >
rewrite: ruleset 3 returns: < me @ f710 . n125 . z1 . fidonet . org
. >
rewrite: ruleset 0 input: < me @ f710 . n125 . z1 . fidonet .
org . >
rewrite: ruleset 98 input: < me @ f710 . n125 . z1 . fidonet . org
. >
rewrite: ruleset 98 returns: < me @ f710 . n125 . z1 . fidonet . org
. >
rewrite: ruleset 0 returns: $# fido $@ f33 . n125 . z1 $: me <@ f33
. n125

As you can see, sendmail passes the message off to the fido mail handler
which inturn routes the message to a hubs address. That's exactly what
you want to happen. If your not calling the fido mail handler than you
missed something when you entered the routing lines in your sendmail.cf
or
something else. Go back and check it one more time.

-Greg-