Re: ifcico help

Bill Becker (bill@mister.bill.org)
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 11:01:03 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Randy Edwards wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good newbie-level :-) instructions for setting
> up ifcico? I'm quite experienced with FidoNet from the DOS or OS/2 side,
> but in terms of setting up ifcico under Linux I'm quite lost and need some

Same here. Would be nice it there were a how-to for this situation.
There must be lots of Fidonetters migrating from dialup-only to
semi-dedicated internet connections.

For my own part, i want to be connected to the
internet most of the time, but shut down my connecion and be up for
netmail at ZMH and to poll for echomail etc.

> help with everything from what packages I need to run a system, how to

Is the LINUX echo gated into usenet anywhere? Anyone know?

Bill