Re: File attach...

MSK
Wed, 1 Jan 1997 05:39:01 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:

Hi Pablo !

> > How do I get file attach working ? I usually wrote a message through Elm, then
> > before sending it wrote some headers via the (h)eaders and (u)ser defined
> > headers options... in detail I used to write

> putt also the name of the file in the subject, and copy the file to a
> directory defined in ifgate/attach.c (pubdir and protinbound are allways)
> then all should be ok.
You mean one of these (defined in my config file) ?

# Directory for incoming packets/files:
inbound /usr/spool/fnet/inb
# Directories for "listed" and "protected" sessions
listinbound /usr/spool/fnet/inb
protinbound /usr/spool/fnet/inb

well it didn't work even if I put the files to /var/spool/uucp and did a
'chown' to be sure they were owned by fnet.uucp. Anyway these are the
permissions on that dir:

drwxrwxrwt 3 uucp uucp 1024 Jan 1 01:53 uucp
drwxrwxrwt 2 uucp uucp 1024 Dec 27 05:38 uucppublic

> > but
> > when sending to a non-primary zone I had to manually move the .clo and mail
> > pachet onto the /var/spool/fnet/outb directory and after this don't get it to
> > work correctly... can anyone help me ? TIA.
> This seems more likely a wrong sendmail configuration...
> What are your lines for other domains in /etc/sendmail.cf ?
Ehm... I'm not using sendmail but smail :-( I downloaded sendmail 8.8.4
yesterday but I have no idea about how to write a file to feed to m4 and get a
sendmail.cf file... I would really leave out smail since it is one of the few
a.out apps I'm still running...

Ciao. Pierluigi (mithrandir@Lothlorien.org).
|-> e-mail: pderosa@mbox.vol.it / pierluigi.de.rosa@giuda.deis.unical.it <-|