Bug Report?! [LONG!]

Marco Gaiarin (gaio@dei.unipd.it)
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 22:45:03 +0100 (MET)

History. ;)

I make for two guys of my BBS the gate of col.answers and col.announce.
One of this two (using ifmail ;) have pointed out me problem.

I'm using ifmail2.8f-tx7.7 (i don't know if problem are caused by plain
or tx, so i post here instead to Pablo...) compiled with -DLEVEL=0,
-DREFERENCES_MSC96, -DLOCAL_DOMAIN=\""gaia.peacelink.it"\".

But i make gate (for this 2 areas only) with another version of ifnews,
also 2.8f-tx7.7 but compiled with -DLEVEL=1,
-DLOCAL_DOMAIN=\""gaia.peacelink.it"\" and -DFORCE_REPLYTO.

Ok. Claudio (the guy) pointed me that some of the (long) texts in
col.answers were splitted, and was missed some part (particulary the
third was ever miss).

So:

1) I've take a long text (Italian-HOWTO ;))) and 've posted in
col.answers.

2) i've processed the news, i've cheked the
outb/014d03f8.opk/current.tmp (with less) and i've verified that the
message was splitted in 7 part of approximatly 13K.

3) I've polled

4) Claudio reported me that:

a) They received *ONE* part of the message (the first)

b) they found in debug news log messge:

duplicate <555ooo$110@anna.gaia.peacelink.it> f1016.n333!not-for-mail
duplicate <555ooo$110@anna.gaia.peacelink.it> f1016.n333!not-for-mail
duplicate <555ooo$110@anna.gaia.peacelink.it> f1016.n333!not-for-mail
duplicate <555ooo$110@anna.gaia.peacelink.it> f1016.n333!not-for-mail

And checking manually the .pkt they discover that only some part of the
message arrived (1, 2, 3, 5, 7) and that the 2, 3, 5 and 7 was refused
by inn 'cause of the same messageid (infact, duplicate).

So, pkt appear as:

[first part]

29 Oct 96 21:17:28
All
Marco Gaiarin
Prova di split, Claudio controlla!!!
MSGID: anna.gaia.peacelink.it 52127037
REPLYADDR: gaio@gaia.peacelink.it
REPLYTO: 2:333/1016.2@fidonet UUCPP
ID: TIN [UNIX 1.3 BETA-950824-color PL0]
CHRS: LATIN-1 2
RFC-Message-ID: <555ooo$110@anna.gaia.peacelink.it>